Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Experiencing breast pain after a hard hit. What is the cure?

May 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 6503 Questions
My grandson ran towards me to hug me & hit my breast very hard 2 days later still in horrible pain
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. Any trauma to the breast can cause minor injury to the breast tissue and fat. Depending on the impact of hit, it can stay for days, weeks or months. It would be important to observe for any skin discoloration and and slight bleeding within the breast. That might cause inflammation to the breast tissue. I guess if it is due to being hit by your grandson, then the impact might be less but do agree that the pain can get uncomfortable. Putting a cold compress may help in decreasing the inflammation and any swelling if present. This can be done by having some ice in a plastic bag and wrapping it with a towel and placing it on the area of tenderness for about 20 minutes, but this should have been done as early as possible. You can take over the counter non steroidal anti inflammatory oral medications. Please ask your doctor before taking them if you are on any anti coagulating medications. Severe pain does require narcotic pain killers to be taken. These are made available only on doctor's prescription. I suggest you to take medical attention urgently if there is discoloration of skin over breast with associated lump formation which may indicate pooling of blood in the breast tissue. Wishing you a quick recovery. Do write back if you have doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor