Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Experiencing acute pain in stomach. What is the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
I am experiencing acute pain in the lower left hand side in the stomach area which is bulging out. It came about 4 hours ago but and not given pain for some time but the bulge is still there. I feel it may come back. Can you help please.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hernia probably... Detailed Answer: Hi, Acute onset pain associated with bulging (mass) is consistent with features of hernia. As in your case, the bulge causes pain only when it gets obstructed. I consider this as an emergency situation. You need to visit hospital / emergency centre at the earliest and consult a surgeon there. An emergency ultrasound scan performed after physical examination will confirm whether or not you need to be operated or can the situation be handled with medication. I do not intend to cause a panic; however the situation shouldn't be neglected. Please visit an emergency centre at the earliest. Good luck!! Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor