Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Experiencing a hyper manic episode. Getting intermittent calf pain. Should I go for check up?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
I am a 46 year old woman, and I am experiencing a hyper manic episode. I am also in the process of withdrawing from alcohol. I am also getting intermittent calf pain in my right calf. Should I go to the ER?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
There is no way to predict how any individual will respond to quitting. If you plan to stop drinking and you have been drinking for years, or if you drink heavily when you do drink, or even if you drink moderately but frequently, you should consult a medical professional before going this.
Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness, feeling of shakiness, anxiety, irritability or easily excited and fatigue are some of the symptoms. Calf pain may be due to fatigue.
With the proper medical care, alcohol withdrawal symptoms can be greatly reduced or even eliminated. There are specific treatments available for anyone who wants to stop drinking, even after long-term, chronic alcohol abuse.
Even though this are mild symptoms and and i think you are trying to quit on your own, you might benefit from the encouragement and support but still i advice you to see physician at least once for examination as without examination it is difficult to exactly diagnose.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor