Experienced frequent UTI, urine culture showed e coli infection. Suggest?
Welcome to the forum.
You are on the line of treatment - as you are getting the correct antibiotic based on the urine test.
To prevent recurrence, the following issues would be of help.
1. Plenty of oral fluids.
2. Empty the bladder at bed time - and also before after sex.
3. Low dose long term antibiotics - like bactrim for 3 to 6 months , especially if the infection is repeated.
Also, kindly get ultrasound scan of the urinary tract done - to look for stones or obstruction that predispose to infection.
Hope this helps,
5 to 10 days--------------------------------------
I had a look at your tests. Renal function is normal.
Antibiotic for 5 days minimum, maximum ten days.
After that, as i said, please speak to your doctor on starting long term antibiotic for about 3 to 6 months for prevention of repeated attacks - like bactrim.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest remedy for frequent uti with swollen and painful clitoris
- Mirena causing frequent uti
- Frequent uti urge to urinate burning sensation suggest medicine
- Hiv and frequent utis
- Experienced frequent uti urine culture showed e coli infection suggest
- Frequent uti causes
- Frequent uti after menopause
- Frequent uti and foul smelling urine on antibiotics cure
- Symptoms of Frequent uti
- Diagnosis of Frequent uti