Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Experience pain after penetration. May be excess of tissue. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Even with lubrication I experience pain soon after short penetration from my partner. My partner feels there may be excess tissue there for some reason. Thanks for any help you can advise
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 46 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and considerations.

It is possible that there may be some changes in the soft tissue in that area of your body. This sometimes does happen with age. This would be something your gynecologist may assess.

At the same time there can be a thinning of some of the mucosa and soft tissue in this area of the body which we refer to as atrophic vaginitis. Check this link for a more detailed description:

You might benefit from prescription topical creams. Some of these creams do contain hormonal medications so you should discuss this with your doctor in detail before considering that option.

Otherwise you might consider trying different types of lubricants. I have had good feedback from patients using Replens for example which is available over the counter at your pharmacy. You could consider trying this or something similar.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any other specific concerns.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor