Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Enlarged prostate, no cancer and PSA level. Cannot urinate or ejaculate properly. Can Prostar help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions
I have an enlarged prostate, NO CANCER, no PSA level. The prostate is keeping me from urinating and ejaculating properly. I'm on 2 different meds to relax the prostate. When I take it, about 4hrs later I urinate about 10x, then about 1 other time in the day. Is there anyway to fix this? Can Prostar help? I have seen one urologist and going to get a second opinion. By the way my grandfather died of prostate cancer. I am 39 and have chronic prostatitis & uti's since the age of 31. What should my questions be when seeking a 2nd opinion? My wife died 4 years ago of breast cancer at 39. I need to catch this quick for our 11 year old son. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

As I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply. Thus it improves satisfaction levels of the both. Hence please give me further details as to the following:

- Please give me details of the 2 medications that you are on for your prostate problem.

- Please explain in detail about the health concern.

- If you have lower urine routine report, culture, serum PSA (Prostatic specific antigen), uroflowmetry and ultrasonography report of the KUB (kidney, ureters and bladder) region / urinary residual volume report, so that I can guide you properly.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

At your age, prostate cancer is extremely rare so I don't think you should worry about it.

Awaiting your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor