Enlarged lymph nodes in groin, use condoms while having sex. Any suggestions?
Thanks for writing in.
Enlarged inguinal lymph nodes does not necessarily mean HIV infection.
There are many other causes like balanoposthitis etc.
Sometimes inguinal lymph nodes may be enlarged without any cause.
You must get yourself properly examined by a qualified physician.
There are some tests that you may have to take like a complete hemogram, HIV elisa, Chlamydia, urethral swab and if needed FNAC.
Only after a proper work up, can the treatment be started.
I also noted some skin lesions in the pic you have attached.
For how long do you have them?
Can you send a clearer pic of those lesions..Lets evaluate them too....
Awaiting your response..
I have attached two more picture. Please let me know if they are visible? Also to answer your question I have had the lymph nodes for about 2-3 months now. they are painless. I have not had any sickness, nights sweats, my weight dropped a little because of running then lifting weights. Can you also please explain "skin lesions?"
As for the lymph nodes, it is difficult to see them. These are best felt with hands.
SO I strongly recommend you to get yourself examined by a qualified physician.
As you do not have any major symptoms, chances are that everything will turn out to be normal..which is good.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bleeding during sex while using condom
- Missed periods done sex using condom pregnant
- Can protected sex using condom lead to pregnancy
- Can you use a condom while using phenazopyridine
- How to have safe sex without using condoms
- Chronic prostate infection prevention always use wear condom condom condom condom condom condom condom
- Frequent urination after sex used condoms reason
- Does sex really count if you use a condom
- Had sex with prostitute using condoms risk of hiv
- Is pregnancy possible while having protected sex with condom