Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Enlarged lymph node on back of head, increasing in number. Got stung by bee. Should I visit my GP?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12668 Questions
Hi I discovered what I believe to be an enlarged lymph node at the back of my head leftside about the same height as my ear. I felt the raised gland 3 days ago and it's still there and has increased from one swollen gland to three, must also mention that I got stung by a bee the day before but higher up on the back of my head (never had a allergic reaction to bee stings before) would like to know if the bee sting is the cause and should I visit my GP, wait it out or treat it with a home remedy such as a homoepathic medicene i.e. lympha from NATURA (Stimulates lymphatic drainage).
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The lymph node swelling that you have noticed behind your ears is likely to be due to bee sting that you had 3 days ago. These lymph nodes enlarge in response to an infection, allergy or an abnormal growth.
You can take the homeopathic medicine to improve the lymphatic drainage and watch for any signs of infection at the site of bee sting. These swellings are likely to subside in 2-3 weeks.
Applying a hot compress will help in earlier drainage of lymph.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor