Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Endoscopy done. Suspecting to be chronic lymphyocytic lekemia. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Critical Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 1663 Questions
my mother she is 80 years old and her endoscopy results showed USG - Mild hepatosplenomegaly with lymphadenopathy at port and also mild fluid collection , she also found high WBC count 0000 and 80 % lymhocytes and borderline adequate PLT, doctor is suspecting to be like case of CLL and suggested to do the furthertest of CLL marker in blood . she is every day complaining about stomch pain , with this age we dont prefere to go for any surgery because she is diabatic patient . so kindly suggest some medicin before we complete the CLL marker test and come to some conclusion .
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing to us. I have read your query with diligence.

Your mother’s doctor is suspecting CLL i.e. chronic lymphyocytic lekemia, commonly called as blood cancer in her.

It is disease of middle to old age. She is also having pain abdomen and she is diabetic. Surgery is not required for the treatment of CLL, except when spleen is much enlarged.

The treatment options of CLL are chemotherapy and occasionally radiotherapy and immuno therapy.
The treatment modalities will be decided once the markers are available. Presently her main problem is pain abdomen, for which you can give her proton pump blocker like pantoprazole and antacids. Pain abdomen can be part of CLL too.

Hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr Sadiq.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor