Ecoli in blatter my girlfriend has re acuring every time
I would probably suggest a cycle of antibiotics taken by both of you.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
E. coli is a common bacteria that are found in the lower intestines.
It is the most common bacteria which cause bladder infection.
I would recommend you to do both a urinalysis to confirm the presence of a bladder infection.
If the diagnosis is confirmed I recommend a cycle of antibiotics take by both of you.
The most common antibiotic which is used to treat this infection is Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for at least a week.
During the period of treatment you should avoid intercourse.
As per your query, I do not recommend to take a pill before and after intercourse.
A full cycle of antibiotic treatment is needed to treat the infection.
I also recommend to drink a lot of liquids and especially cranberry juice.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?