Echo test showing tricuspid regurgitation. Is echo test accurate than CRM?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi my question to you is my CRM results show I have mild to moderate tricuspid regurgitation but my echos show moderate to severe tricuspid regurgitation . I am confused , which one is more accurate ?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Echo is better But Cardiac MRI is best Detailed Answer: Hello there! I read through your query and all of cardiologists agree that Echo cardio graphy is more accurate and sensitive than CRM studies. But these days doctor love cardiac MRIs more than any thing. As you had it traumatized during the foreign body removal so you already know it is regurgitating But tricuspid regurgitations with the history of open heart surgeries needs work up to assess the cardiac profile. Better see the cardiologist for ruling out liver congestions and pulmonary hypertensions and Right heart failures and fluid over loads. As you already are a cardiac patient. i would recommend you stay in permanent touch with a cardiologist. Hope you got what you wanted. Kindly close the discussion if you dont have any more queries which i would love to answer I wish you very good luck and take some very good care of yourself regards Dr S Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 8 minutes later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: :) Detailed Answer: You are welcome. It was my pleasure to be of your service Regards and take some special care of yourself Dr S Khan