Echo report anything I need to be concerned with..my blood

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Echo report anything I need to be concerned with..my blood pressure gets a little high on occasion.. I will take attenenol until the stress passes
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 0 minute later
Echo report anything I need to be concerned with..my blood pressure gets a little high on occasion.. I will take attenenol until the stress passes
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello Lisa!

Welcome back on -Ask a doctor- service!

After reviewing your uploaded echo parameters I would explain that you don't have to worry about any specific cardiac issues regarding that report.

Almost all the details entered on those uploaded reports are within normal ranges, and there is no left ventricular hypertrophy (usually seen in individuals with longstanding and uncontrolled hypertension).

Cardiac chambers dimensions appear normal and the elements denoting valves function are OK. There are no data describing regional left ventricular wall motion (it is generally included in the final report signed by the examiner).

At the end, I would like to conclude that those blood pressure fluctuations may be related to anxiety disorders and you need to follow an appropriate underlying strategy.

Of course, a low dose beta-blocker (like Atenolol) may be helpful in this regard.

Hope to have clarified your point of concern!

In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello Lisa!

Welcome back on -Ask a doctor- service!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri