Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Early periods, abdominal cramps, back cramps, tender breasts, vaginal and rectal itching. Solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Hi. I got my periods five days early and they usually are regular but this time period was bright red. Before, during and after I've had bad lower abdominal cramps, lower back cramps plus my boobs have alot of duct around them and feel sore. Also have had vaginal and rectum bad itching feels like something biting. Have used cream prescribed my Gp for the 7-10 days but the problem still here and it's very annoying. Solution please.!
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The symptoms you have are not serious and occur due to temporary imbalance in Oestrogen hormone levels.

There would be no cause for such an hormonal disturbance but occur in most females many times in life.The condition is self limiting and the hormone level come back to normal on own needing no systemic treatment.

If any attempt is made to correct the Oestrogen deficiency (common hormonal abnormality) ,its balance with other hormones would be disturbed and can present with other symptoms on long run.

Symptomatic treatment with Oestrogen creams for the vaginal itching and Tab Motrin for the breast tenderness would be enough.

Linoleic acid supplement would indirectly help in preventing the symptoms without altering the hormonal balance.Linoleic acid is found abundantly in vegetable oils, comprising over half (by weight) of XXXXXXX seed, safflower, sunflower, and corn oils.They are also marketed in capsule preparations with trade name Tonalin.Do discuss with your treating doctor and get a hand written prescription for the same.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor