Ear pain after hearing load and sudden sound. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: my 8 and 11 year old daughters were whispering thru an empty wrapping paper tube and playing a game,when one of them screamed in the tube to try and be funny....... my daughter is complaining and feeling a lot of pain in her ear ,and its been 10 minutes now. is she ok ???
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 39 minutes later

Sorry to hear that.

Load and sudden sound/noise can cause such symptoms, in most cases these are short lived symptoms and may not have anything serious underlying.

But do have look inside her ear.A pentorch can help you get a better view.Try to have look at the tympanic membrane , look for any blood or discharge.If anything suspicious is seen go to doctor directly, otherwise you can just wait and watch.

And if symptoms persist for more than few hours or increase , then it would be better to see a ENT doctor.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.