Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Ear get blocked. Diagnosed an otitis. Took antibiotic. Feeling anxious and dizzy. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
I am a 46-year-old man. On April 19, my right ear became blocked. On May 6, I went to the doctor's and he diagnosed an otitis. I took antibiotics, and the inflammation went away. But three months later, my right ear is still blocked. Not as bad as three months ago, but it still feels muffled. Sometimes, it makes me anxious or a bit dizzy. Will the fluid drain by itself at some point or is there anything I can do?
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 46 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I will like to know that whether your ear infection was diagnosed as otitis of external ear or otitis media? And if was otitis of external ear, whether it was a bacterial or fungal infection?

It seems, that your external ear is partially blocked, it is not clean and requires cleaning.

Please consult an ENT Specialist, get your ear examined, and if it is blocked, get it cleaned by ENT specialist.

If infection is present, take treatment accordingly.

Meanwhile you can use Mycobiotic ear drops locally.

With good wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Ear get blocked. Diagnosed an otitis. Took antibiotic. Feeling anxious and dizzy. What to do? 17 minutes later
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I don't know what kind of infection it was. But what would the Mycobiotic ear drops do for me?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 7 hours later

Welcome again,

Mycobitic is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal ear drops.

It may help you to treat bacterial and fungal infection locally.

Thus if appointment with ENT Specialist is taking time, you can use it meanwhile.

IF you need further clarification, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor