Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Dull pain in testicles, lower abdomen, tightness in scrotum, no discharge, no difficulty urinating. Causes for pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 540 Questions
I have been experiencing some dull pain in what seems like my testicles as fell as some dull pain in my lower abdomen. My scrotum also seems to be tighter than usual. It has been going on for about 3 weeks. The sensation gets worse as the day goes on. It feels similar to the after affects of getting hit in the testicles but very minor. No discharge, urinating is not a problem.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 46 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Dull pain in the testis and lower abdomen for 3 weeks would definitely need a review with a surgeon to rule out the most common causes like hernia, testicular infections, etc. For this certain clinical tests are done like cough tests.
Hernia is a condition where the peritoneal inner sacs that connect various viscera of the abdomen and also the testis gives way and becomes taut. If extensive may require surgery. Usually a very safe and result oriented treatment.

As you do not have any associated symptoms, which is good and would mean a benign condition. And you have nothing to worry about. Just get an appointment and till then do not carry any heavy weights or avoid tight underpants. Wear loose lower clothing.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.


Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor