Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Dry skin on the penis, using eczema cream. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 5143 Questions
I have dry skin disease on the head of my pennis I'm using babe eczema cream everyday but it does'nt seem to healing ?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 11 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Are you having any itching at the site?
Any difficulty in passing urine?
Any swellings in the groin?
Any loss of weight?

Dry skin on the head of the penis can occur due to many reasons. Usually excessive masturbation can cause inflammation; balanitis xerotica obliterans (BXO) which can be associated with autoimmune disorders which can also cause back pain is a possibility; some infections can also present as dryness; rarely penile tumor is a differential diagnosis which can be considered.

Usually the dry area will respond to antibiotics and steroids in some cases. You may try a steroid and antiobiotic containing cream. I encourage you to consult a competent dermatologist to rule out sexually transmitted disease such as Syphilis or Herpes.

Eat healthy. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Avoid exposure of that site to sunlight.

It is best to see a Dermatological as soon as possible to rule out above mentioned conditions by a thorough clinical evaluation and necessary tests.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor