Drinking 650ml beer everyday. Is this harmful for health?

Dr. Kulbir Singh

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: Am drinking 650ml beer per day how
will it affect my health?weather it is gud or bad ?
Not a regular drinker twice a week..
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in
We always advise our patient to STOP alcohol and smoking. Because poison taken in small dose or in high dose will show it effects with time depending upon the dose. Although occasional alcohol does not cause harm to the body but we cannot say it with 100% surety. The percentages of its harmful effects are more in some person even with little dose and vice versa. Alcohol damages almost all the organ of our body.
Some of the effects of the alcohol in person's health are:
1. Brain: Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change mood and behaviour, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination.
2. Heart: Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, causing problems including: Cardiomyopathy, Arrhythmias, High blood pressure
3. Liver: Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations including: fatty liver, Alcoholic hepatitis, Cirrhosis
4. Pancreas: Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a XXXXXXX inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion.
5. Cancer: Drinking too much alcohol can increase your risk of developing certain cancers, including cancers of the Mouth, Esophagus, Throat, Liver.
6. Immune System: Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease.

Hope you will stop drinking or take it once in a month. Write back for any doubt in your mind.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh