Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Drinker. Have had anal leakage with blood and mucous. Could it be internal hemorrhoid?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
im 65 male, under alot of stress. i drink daily. for about 6 months i have had anal leakage. sometimes i have a little red blood and mucos. i had a scope deal done 3 years ago and it was fine. they removed 2 polps that were ok. my bowel movevents have not been regular, i do take exlax and that seems to help. i have no pains at all. i have no fever, all is fine except the leakage. the leakage has bright red blood and mucus. they did tell me i had XXXXXXX hemroids. this doesnt happen all the time.
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 1 hour later
I want to congratulate you for entering the rehab
and fight alcohol addiction. I cannot state this any
stronger than to, please do whatever it takes to
quit drinking. AA is very helpful.If you have to go
on medications, seek the help of a clinical
psychologist or a psychiatrist.

Now, as for seapage, you may have problem with
your sphincter muscle that controls defication.
If you have XXXXXXX hemorrhoids,essentially a bunch
of veins that are blocked, with straining, they can
protrude out.Since they are irritated, oozing occurs.
Also,if you have retained stool higher up, because
of impaction, you can have leakage.
You can try taking stool softener such as Surfak
one or two daily with a full glass of water.
You do need to see a proctologist who can examine
the sphincter and also check the hemorrhoids
and treat it properly.
Start taking fiber supplements daily.
I really pray that you quit drinking for good.
Wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor