Dr XXXXXXX i had done a DUO at 22 days.

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Dr XXXXXXX
i had done a DUO at 22 days. i am aware that UK CDC says at 28 days. but the doc in Singapore say the test detects p24 from 3rd week onwards.
the test was ok. should I consider as confirmation or repeat at 28 days.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suggest to repeat at 28 days.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

A duo HIV test after 22 days is accurate but if you had a risky sexual intercourse I suggest to repeat it after 28 days and than after 3 months as a conclusive test.
You should know that duo test (ab/ac) after 3 weeks could detect p24 but it depends from person to person and that is why we suggest to repeat it.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Dr XXXXXXX i had done a DUO at 22 days. 7 hours later
please note my earlier conversation with Dr XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are free of HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

I have read carefully your history (just kissing ,touching and no sexual intercourse ) and I think you shouldn't worry because there is no risk for HIV and STI.
So, based on this situation I think that Duo test after 22 days is very accurate and you don't need to do other Duo test because you are definitly free of HIV.
The only risk in this situation is to get HSV1 from kissing and syphilis if she had cutaneous elements during this time.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Dr XXXXXXX i had done a DUO at 22 days. 2 hours later
Thank You Mam
Permit me to close off the discussion
Based on our conversation, I did a repeat DUO testing yesterday in Singapore. This was on 29th day. The. Result was negative.. The syphillis test was also done on 22nd day along with duo which was also ok. The doctor mentioned that for HSV the testing is normally recommended when there is an outbreak.
And that they would normally do after 3 months..
I hope I can move on frm this episode.

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

It is a good news that you are negative again for HIV and syphilis, even thought absolutly there is no risk for HIV
As I sad above based on your history you are definitly free of HIV and there is no need for further HIV tests.
Yes you can do HSV IgG test only if you have outbrakes.
Please don't worry and should move on and live your life.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.