Dr XXXXXXX To follow up on your answer about my

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Dr XXXXXXX To follow up on your answer about my wife's gastric distress, she is to see a DR in mid January but in the meantime, she has a bitter taste in her mouth, plus the gastric distress you addressed. Do you have any idea concerning the sour taste in her mouth?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Every thing is inter related sir.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you so much for follow up dear,
A patient with acid peptic disorder or ulcers usually complains of sour taste in mouth. This is because of excessive production of acid in stomach and its mild reflux back into mouth(Gerd means excessive acid regurgitation however in some patients small amount of acid formed is reverted back in mouth so they don't have burning sensation;Yet this acid changes the alkaline nature of mouth to acidic hence killing microscopic good bacterias in mouth causing metallic taste.
Use Betadine mouth gargle 10 ml thrice daily with previously suggested medicines.
Hope i was helpful,
Suggestions to make answer better are welcome,
Do rate the answer,
Follow ups are welcome.
Wish you and your wife a very happy 2019 ahead.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng