Dr- 1. Today I have experienced a sensation of warmth
1. Today I have experienced a sensation of warmth in the back of my thigh off and on for most of the day. There is no pain associated.
2. Could this be a blood clot?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going to the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern for your health but before giving any opinion I would like to know a few things about you.
1. Do you have any medical illness like diabetes hypertension or DVT.
2. Are you obese
3. Do you smoke
4. Any heart disease
Kindly revert back with the required information
Dr Bhanu Partap
1. The answer to all your questions is NO
2. But I do have high LDL = 125
3. Yesterday I went to ER & they used ultrasound & determined there was no clot on the right leg, wher I was experiencing the warm feeling
3. So what do you this feeling can be attributed to?
4. I am traveling today on an airplane - should I take any precautions?
5. Also I have noticed in the winters my feet are usually cold- is that connected to this?
Your ldl levels are just slightly deranged nothing much to worry. The next step in the evaluation was ultrasound of the legs which as you have already done and is alright so just relax there is nothing to worry.
Yes there are some important things which should be taken care when you are traveling On a long duration flight is to keep yourself hydrated properly and keep on stretching your legs time to time while sitting in flight and also take a small walk in flight at regular intervals as it will help the blood to circulate properly.
Just relax and enjoy your flight.
Dr Bhanu Partap