question-icon

Dr- 1. I seem To have developed a skin condition

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019
Question: Dr-

1. I seem To have developed a skin condition on my left shin area On my left leg

2. It seems to itch on some occasions and the skin seems to be getting a little bit lighter in color than the surrounding area & with some small red dots

3. I have taken Pictures and I have attached them to this email

4. Can you please advise me on this thank you

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Eczema, topical steroid, moisturizing lotion, antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photographs.

It seems to be eczema.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream (eg. Tenovate) on the affected area twice daily along with a frequent and regular application of a moisturizing lotion containing white soft paraffin (eg. Moisturex soft lotion) on the entire leg 2-3 times in a day for 2-3 weeks.

For itching take antihistaminic like tablet Levocetirizine 5mg once daily at bedtime for 10 days.

These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.

Hope to have answered your query.
I would be happy to answer any further queries.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist