Don't want to wear spectacle. What is the best surgery to undergo?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Want to undergo leasing or any lastest surgery so don't want to wear spectacle...... . I'm from hosur near to bangalore Need very good hospital to consult and undergo surgery Sorry lasik
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: LASIK can be done. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health Care Magic I am Dr Dadapeer and I answer health related problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having refractive error and presently you are wearing spectacles for correction of refractive error. Now you want freedom from spectacles by undergoing refractive laser surgery. This can be done the prerequisites to undergo laser surgery are Presence of stable refraction for more than 1 year. Age of more than 21 years The next step is evaluation to rule out contraindications including corneal thickness and others. These will be done before surgery. Once you fulfill the above mentioned the type of surgery has to be decided. LASIK is the most popular surgery and this can correct up to 10 dioptres of refractive error.The complications are minimal and the recent advanced surgeries like customized LASIK and intralase LASIK are better and are more safer than surgery. This you can decide later in consultation with your surgeon. Kindly send me the prescription of spectacles or power of the spectacles if it is known to you so that I can advice you specifically. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you .
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 59 minutes later
I don't have other issues Power z -2.5 both sides Any dr in Bangalore how much it costs Which z best intralase or cosmotised
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lasik can be done. Detailed Answer: Hello, welcome to health care magic. Thank you for the follow up query. Since your refractive power is minus 2.5 only this can be corrected completely with LASIK surgery. Nethradhama eye hospital in Banashankari and XXXXXXX Nethralya in Rajajinagar are good reputed centres for LASIK surgeries in Bangalore. The cost of surgery depends on type of LASIK and I can tell you approximately. LASIK costs around Rs. 20,000 to 25,000 Customized LASIK costs around Rs. 30,000 to 35,000 Intralase LASIK costs around Rs.80,000 to 85,000. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 4 minutes later
XXXXXXX nethralaya in bommasandra z near to us What z the difference between above 3 options I can't go for too costly like 80000 Other what z the difference? Can u pz suggest dr in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can opt for customized LASIK. Detailed Answer: Hello, The main difference between the costlier Intralase LASIK and other two is to raise the corneal flap a laser called as Femtosecond laser is used. Whereas in LASIK a d customized LASIK this done by the surgeon manually by himself. This does not matter with the experienced surgeon, hence no need to worry. You can choose LASIK or customized LASIK. I advice you to go for customized LASIK called as Zyoptix as it gives better correction. XXXXXXX nethralaya at Bommasandra is also good. I can suggest you to consult Dr. Rohith or Dr. XXXXXXX Hope the information is helpful. Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 8 minutes later
Thank u dr
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you and you are most welcome.