Done with hemogram test. What are the findings in the report?
TEST NAME VALUE UNITS REFERENCE RANGE
EOSINOPHILS 7.4 % 0-6
HEMATOCRIT 53 % Male:39.8-52.2|Female:34.9-46.9
MEAN CORPUSCULAR VOLUME 131.2 fL 76-100
MEAN CORPUSCULAR HEMOGLOBIN 40.8 ρq 27.0-33.0
MEAN CORP.HEMO.CONC. 31.1 % 33.4-37.0
RED CELL DISTRIBUTION WIDTH (RDW CV) 15.7 fL 11.5-14.5
PLATELET 247 x 103 /μL 150-400
PLATELET DISTRIBUTION WIDTH 16.6 % 10.00
MEAN PLATELET VOLUME 8.1 % 5-7
ERYTHROCYTE SEDIMENTATION RATE 02 mm/hr Male:0-15|Female:0-20
REMARKS : ALERT!!! MACROCYTOSIS
thanks for your query.
The only really abnormal value which I can see is the size of red cells, ie mean corpuscular volume is high. That is why the alert has been given of macrocytosis. But this is important only if the hemoglobin/hematocrit is low, which is not in your case. Your hematocrit is normal. Probably this is just a normal variant and nothing needs to be done, provided you are fit and healthy. Sometimes chronic alcoholism may cause this type of picture.
However, you may need to exclude liver disease and thyroid disease before finally saying that this is just a normal variant.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urine tests done what are the findings from the report
- Undergone widal test what are the findings in the report
- What are the findings from the semen test report
- Blood test done what are the findings in the report
- Done with blood hemogram test what are the findings
- What are the findings from the childs blood test report
- What are the findings in my thyroid test report
- What are the findings from hiv test report
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Sperm test done what are the findings from the report