Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Done with cat scan of liver and gall bladder. Shoulder is sore. Need medical opinion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
a couple of days ago I had a cat scan of my liver and gull batter. I was asked to put both arms back and extended my shoulder has always been sore, but holding it like this caused it to get extra sore. Now two nights later it is too sore to sleep. two plus months ago they found that the pain in my chest was caused by my gull bladder being full of gull stones. Now I have a gull stone blocking my vile duct either by pressing against it or in it from my liver causing me jaundis, lite colored stool, dark urine, and extreme itch. I have had two sonna grams and a cat scan, but instead of operating, they want to put a camera down my system and have a better look before taking any action. why not just operate and take the gull bladder out and fix the problem at the same time. I feel that I am getting jacked around and they are wasting time and money. What is your take on this
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer...your doctor is doing right.
Detailed answer...
Putting an camera in your system to visualise your bile duct is called as ERCP ( endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography ).
ERCP is not only diagnostic but also curative as your surgeon can take out the stone lodged in the common bile duct ( CBD ).
Once the stone is taken out from your CBD,your jaundice gets improved and then your gall bladder can be removed laparoscopically.
It is very essential to remove your CBD stone,before taking out your gall bladder,because removal of gall bladder without taking out your CBD stone would worsen your jaundice and CBD stone can not be taken out during gall bladder surgery.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor