Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Done with CT scan. Suggested for colonoscopy to confirm if it is cancer. Need opinion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3621 Questions
I have a CT report that says "There is eccentric posterior and inferior wall thickening of the terminal ilem measuring up to 1.2 cm without evidence of obstruction. There is moderate distention of a left anastomotic small bowel loop measuring up to 4.4 cm, also without obstruction". Getting a colonoscopy to find out exactly what this is but the radiologist is suggesting cancer. If it is cancer and I choose not to treat, how long do I have? Hi! Have you replied or are you still working on my question? Sorry, I don't know what I should be looking for.... an email? Okay, where did you go?! There is nothing additional in the report that would help you with my question. I gave you a direct quote from the report. There is no additional information.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Colonoscopin biospy

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

The CT image description fits well into a cancer presentation but there are many other conditions which can mimic cancer. I would recommend you to confirm the fact by a Colonoscopic guided biopsy, wherein a small tissue is removed and examined. This will give you accurate results and also identifies the type of cancer which helps us to stage the disease and predict prognosis.

Hope, I answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor