Done blood work. Reason for high levels of SGPT and SGOT?
I am 44 years old Male..Please give an opinion after reading the results of my blood work.
B.Sugar (F) - 80mg%
B.Sugar (PP)- 100mg%
S. Creatinine - 1.2mg/100ml
S.Triglycerides - 110mg%
HDL cholestrol - 33mg/100ml
LDL cholestrol - 135mg/100ml
VLDL cholestrol - 22mg/100ml
SGOT - 39 U/L
SGPT - 80 U/L
S.Total bilrubin - 0.6mg/100ml
S. Total protein - 7.4gm/100ml
Albumin - 4.4gm/100ml
Globulin -3,0 gm/100ml
S,Alkaline phosphatase - 275u/l
I have not been affected with Hepatitis or jaundice so far. I am not taking medicines..I used to drink once or twice a week...Pl give an opinion. pl clarify the reason for higher level of SGOT and SGPT,,
and how it can bring under normal counts...
Thanks for using XXXXXXX
1. After going through your report and history,
Your sugar levels are normal.
Kidney function is normal.
Lipid profile: Total cholesterol, Triglycerides are normal, HDL slightly reduced with borderline rise in LDL.
Liver function test: Abnormal in S Alkaline phosphatase and SGOT, SGPT.
2. Jaundice will occur if there is raise in bilirubin levels. It is normal so you don't have jaundice.
3. The abnormal LFT suggest some pathology in the liver. Since there is not much raise in SGOT there the parenchymal cells may no be involved. S Alkaline phosphatase increase in cholangitis or cholestasis or any damage in biliary tract. These may also increase in other organ problem.
4. So I advice you to get one USG abdomen and pelvis and HBsAg and HCV done to know any problem in liver. Now take nutritious food XXXXXXX in carbohydrate, Syp Liv 52 and plenty of fluids(water and fruit juice).
Do regular exercise with adequate calorie intake and limit your alcohol intake upto maximum of 20g. These will help you to get back to normal values.
Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further examination and management.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High sgot sgpt levels typhoid
- Diet for high blood levels in liver in sgot sgpt
- High sgot and sgpt levels
- Symptoms of high sgot and sgpt levels
- Homeopathy high sgpt sgot levels
- High sgot and sgpt levels and methotrexate
- Treatment for high sgpt and sgot levels
- Is high levels of sgpt and sgot cureable
- Reasons for variation in sgot sgpt level
- Have high sgot and sgpt level reason
- Taking azithromycin 500mg for strep throat. What medicine should I take...
- Had chronic stomach problems. Felt knot near belly button, greenish...
- Laproscopic appendectomy done. Feeling pain in stomach, bloated,...
- Having lump on carotid artery. Sore to touch. Feels while moving neck....
- Having pain in arm and shoulder. Taking panadol. Any suggestion?
- 7 month pregnant. Started vomiting and feeling like acidity. Will it be...
- Experiencing severe stomach cramps. Not getting cured by tylenol....
- 17 month old baby having red rash on feet, legs and scrotum. Should I be...
- Infant fell off bed, fever, blinking hard, eyes crossing, getting tired....
- Abdominal pain, burning when sitting up from bed. Negative UTI stick...