Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Done VITAMIN B-12 test and values show 376 pg/ml. Suggest tablets and injections that work?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Hello Doctor,

My colleague has done VITAMIN B-12 test and the value is 376 pg/ml. Please suggest if tablets or injection can work. Also I have done 25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL) and the value is 14.02 ng/ml.Please suggest
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Reference limits please...

Detailed Answer:

Since the standard units of measurement of various laboratories are different, it would have been useful if you had specified the reference limits of both the test. As per my knowledge, your vitamin B12 is in normal limit and total Vitamin D is below the limits.

It is also important to know why you were offered these tests; please specify the reasons for performing the test.

If you are absolutely asymptomatic, it would be better to repeat vitamin D test after 3-4 weeks. However some doctors might start vitamin D supplement such as D rise granules or supplement weekly once for 3 - 6 weeks.

Awaiting your response...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor