Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Doing a physical job. Had two wet heart beats. Stress test showing to push hard. What could be the problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I have a physical job and also after playing basketball my heart would be beat different 2 wet beat pause than beat keeps doing that than clams down. but t doesn't do it all the time one time after work I see my skin moving right above my heart when I woke up blood pressure was 140/70 and this been going on sense I was 15 now 30. I went for a stress test and it didn't show up so like I said I have to push myself really hard.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cardiac ultrasound, chest X XXXXXXX EKG

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is normal that after an exercise, or intense physical activity, the heart beat should increase. However, if the increase is so much, or you feel consciously the impression of harder than "normal" beating, or breaks or any irregularity, it is but normal to receive a complete cardiac examination and review. Your past medical history of heart disease further strengthens the necessity of such a reexamination.

A blood pressure of 140/70 is at a borderline for your age especially and might need to be seen into carefully again. It is imperative to exclude any cardiac dysfunction. It is true you had a stress test done, but other cardiac tests, coupled with further clinical exams and regular follow ups, in my opinion, shall be useful to be at ease and stay on the safe side.

I suggest you get the opinion of a cardiologist. A chest x XXXXXXX to see the size of the heart, a cardiac ultrasound and an electrocardiogramme for cardiac rhythm, are the most important initial tests to be done. Based on these findings and those from physical examination, an appropriate appraisal of your clinical state, drawing up of an appropriate management plan or further testing, if needed, shall be done.

I suggest you consult a cardiologist. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Please, do not hesitate asking further questions in case you need more inside or explanation. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor