Does worm in stool need medical attention?
I am a RN who has volunteered in many parts of Mexico, but it has been 15 years. I do not currently have access to my email
Can you go to an urgent care?
Hello and welcome,
I think it is best to go in today while this worm is still possibly alive. And also, you can start treatment sooner. This may be the cause of your "IBS"! Sometimes these parasites can live for years in the body. When you go in, ask for liver function tests to be done too, as worms/parasites can be harbored as cysts in the liver. If they are elevated, you may need a liver ultrasound or CT. And you will get a prescription for treating worms/parasites.
Depending on what your insurance covers, you can go to an urgent care center today. It isn't an emergency, but if you don't have an urgent care/immediate care center available, you can go to the ER if your insurance will cover. You can call your insurance co.
Regarding responding via text or call, I don't have access to that. The way it works is when you write your question, just your question show up for the doctors, nothing else. So I imagine my answer will go back to you on whatever you wrote it on. I hope that works. Please let me know if you are able to see my response.
Again thank you so much.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Need medication for constipation and blood in stools
- Severe anxiety loose stools and vomiting need medical attention
- Bloody stool worms in stool human
- Loose stools need to pass stools after eating
- Infant stool worms
- Mebendazole intestinal worms in stools medication allergic reaction
- Need medication for loose stools
- Vomitting loose stools worms in stools what are these
- Need medication for continuous passing of stools and rashes
- Need medication for passing of watery stools