Does wisdom teeth extraction cause shortness of breath?
cardiovascular, respiratory disorders, hematoma, consult general physician
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the shortness in the breath following extraction of the tooth is concerned, i have two possibilities.
It can be because of the underlying cardiovascular disease manifesting as shortness of breath secondary to the stress induced by the extraction.
The other possible cause can be respiratory disorder or any hematoma in the pterygomandibular space can apply pressure over the wind pipe and result in shortness of breath. So consult your dental surgeon and general physician immediately and get it evaluated.
Please give me your medical history in detail, that is whether you have any medical disorders like hypertension, asthma or any other diseases so that i can give you better diagnosis.
I hope i have answered your query. If any queries are there, reply me back. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Wisdom teeth extraction laryngitis
- Wisdom teeth extraction and thrush
- Wisdom teeth extraction cause blindness
- Thalassemia wisdom teeth extraction
- Wisdom teeth extraction bilirubin
- Wisdom teeth extraction insomnia
- Wisdom teeth extraction fainting
- Wisdom teeth extraction cost
- Weekness caused by wisdom teeth extraction
- Shortness of breath after wisdom teeth