Does white spots on injury scar indicate infection?

Excellent

Rheumatologist
Question
hi I'm 15 and about three to four months ago I fell off my bike. I grazed my knee and it did get infected but healed after two weeks. now I have a scar so I decided to put bio oil on it last week and since then I have had these white dots appear on it more and more. I'm not sure if it's healing or if there little infections??!!? please help and also can u recommend a scar healing cream too would be nice Thankyou
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection likely in your case

Detailed Answer:
Dear,
Well, looking into your problem, I would like to tell you that I have gone through the picture you have sent. It looks more like infection to me, can be fungal even. I will suggest you to stop the bio oil and not use anything over it.
You most likely require a topical antibacterial ointment like Soframycin. Please get the medicine prescribed by your doctor after examining the lesion .Till it becomes completely healed, no scar healing cream should be used.
Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Does white spots on injury scar indicate infection? 43 minutes later
so there little infections?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks like an infection.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

The vesicles that have developed around the lesions seem to be infected rather then allergic to me .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Does white spots on injury scar indicate infection? 7 minutes later
Ok last free question. would detol antiseptic cream be ok to use. I hope this will go away soon? and thanks for your help, would I need to see a doctor?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can use it.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

You can use it over the rash. In the interim, I will suggest you visit a dermatologist for more careful examination under broad light to rule out fungal infection.

Dr. Shruti