Does white kidney bean extract help lose weight?
Welcome to HCM!
White kidney beans can act as a type of "starch blocker" by blocking certain enzymes from breaking the starch down according to popular, but unproven, stories.
According to Consumer Labs they are safe to use short-term and may cause a very modest reduction in weight. Because they are gassey, if you do decide to eat white beans to avoid the gas side-effects cook the beans to a rolling boil, drain the water and fill again with fresh water.
Its long term safety and effectiveness has not been evaluated according to Consumer Labs.
I hope I have answered your question. Please write back if you need clarification. To your health, XXXXXXX J. Shattler, MS,RDN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Kidney bean stool
- Yellow kidney beans in stool
- Undigested kidney beans in stool
- Im losing weight after kidney stone surgery
- Kidney bean shaped white chunks in stool
- White kidney bean extract
- Red kidney beans in stool
- White kidney bean stuff in poop symptoms
- White kidney bean like in stool
- Losing a kidney