Does vyvanse interfere or increase hormone levels in women?

Dr. Minoo Bhagia

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Does vyvanse interfere or increase hormone levels in women? Seems like my cramps are increasing similar to when i have too much caffeine. Vyvanse 20-30mg has made a difference for me. Due to my endometriosis, and issues with endo, my doctor wanted me to try a low dose birth control. It is Loloestrin. It is half way through the second month and I feel bloated and feel like I have had a lot of weight gain.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 17 hours later
Hello
Welcome and thanks for the query

The drug which you are taking is of amphitamine group and it can cause gastric disturbances as well as bloating and cramps but they get aggravated due to your disease and birth control pills.I think you can stop taking birth control pills for one or two cycles and observe the symptoms to differentiate between two drugs.For cramps you can take meftal spas.
Danazole is a good drug for endometriosis but you have to consult your doctor before starting it.
Best wishes and take care
Any further query is most welcome