Does vitamin-D deficiency cause muscle twitching in the left shin?

Endocrinologist
Question
I've been having barely noticeable muscle twitching on my left sheen (more precisely to the left side of my left shin) and when I'm standing I can see how the top of my foot twitches. I also feel like my left leg gets tired easier as my right one and some days when I wake up I even feel as if I had been standing on my left leg all night (it feels noticeably tired). I've also felt like I slur my words a little bit when I speak but only occasionally. My hair has also started falling off in a very noticeable way. Because of these symptoms I went to my neurologist who took an MRI of my neck (found I had cervical compression and neck luxation as a result of a head injury 3 months ago) and brain (came back totally normal) and an emg and ncs of my arms (which came back normal). He said it wasn't neurological but we should check for infections and imbalances in the body so we checked for calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, PTH Calcidol and Calcitrol along with Ultrasensitive C reactive protein.

I got the results today and everything is within range (calcium is a little bit in the high end at 10.0mg/dl it) Except that it looks like my calcidol (Vitamin 25-D hydroxy level is 21.6 ng/ml but my calcitrol Vitamin 1,25 Dihydroxyvitamin D is 73pg/ml which is higher than normal.) . Does this Vitamin D deficiency and high level of calcitrol with no calcium abnormalities and normal PTH levels can explain my twitching?? If so, how should I fix it? Should I take a D3 supplement even though my calcitrol is high and my calcium is on the high end of the normal range?

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
About VitD:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Here is some more information regarding to your concern:
While 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D is the most potent vitamin D metabolite, levels of the 25-OH forms of vitamin D more accurately reflect the body's vitamin D stores.
Consequently, 25HDN / 25-Hydroxyvitamin D2 and D3, is the preferred initial test for assessing vitamin D status.
However, in the presence of renal disease, 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D levels may be needed to adequately assess vitamin D status.
Measuring 25 OH vit D is the best way to check the Vit D status, errors can be made by checking 1.25 OH Vit D because in VitD defficency it is often high to compensate the defficency.
I would say that Vit D alterations are not the cause of your symptoms, but I would recommend taking VitD supplements (800 UI/ day) for 3 months.
Hope i have been helpful.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta