Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Does vinegar disappear the fordyce spot on vagina?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2720 Questions
I noticed about a month ago that I had what felt like a scar on my vagina opening from shaving. I did cut it bad enough to make it bleed . Same spot and everything. But it still hasn't gone away and I started doing a ton of research online because I was freaking out it was a wart. None of the pictures look like what I have going on. But then I looked down there again and I noticed a couple little spots that look like fordyce spots. I looked online and read that vinegar will turn warts white if they are intact warts. I did this and of course they turned white, along with my scar like fleshy bump. The XXXXXXX cider vinegar actually did reduce the size of the bump by 90% I'd say. But as I keep researching and panicing I keep looking down there and now I notice a patch of three more flat bumps that look like fordyce spots too. How do I tell what this is? Would vinegar disappear the fordyce spot? Also I have had numerous yeast infections/ was in the hospital for bacterial vaginitis . Please help! I am going to get a Pap smear in a week (first available spot) Also they don't hurt or itch or resemble cauliflower stalks . Can fordyce spots come out of no where?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Fordyce never flushy.Shavingcut never leaves scar Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. A cut injury during shaving usually never leaves an permanent scar unless you have a tendency for Keloid. You had not mentioned about your sexual activity. Both early Genital warts and Fordyce would not have any itching or pain. On application of Vinegar, warts tend to change whereas Fordyce will not. Fordyce will be appear as grouped papules, never increase in size and not looks fleshy bump. It is better to diagnose yeast infection and bacterial vaginitis and confirm the same by a physician rather than by yourself. Treatment offer good results for Warts, yeast and Bacterial Vaginitis. Fordyce can appear without any reason and can be ignored totally. When you go for PAP smear examination your physician will be able to clear your doubts. DR S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Does vinegar disappear the fordyce spot on vagina? 5 minutes later
I have been with my fiancé for over 4 years. Also the cut happened right before I noticed the bump. They both happened very close together . Is it true that if it is warts that I could have gotten the virus years ago? Also, what do the beginning stages of warts look like. I've looked up images on google and the warts look way different than what I'm seeing. It looks very similar to fordyce.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: 2-4 month of infection,wart appear as tiny papule Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back Wart may likely to grow in line of injury. After the entry of Wart virus (infection), the lesion used to appear on 2-4 months. Early lesion looks like a skin color or a greyish tiny papule. If you are able to upload a good quality picture of your lesion, i may extend a more confident opinion. Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor