• question-icon

Does uterine fibroids affect future conception?

Posted on Wed, 8 Apr 2015 in Women's Health
Question: i will be having a myometomy in three months time , i have 8cm fibriod inside my uterus i do have a 3 years old duagter . i am scared will not be able to concieve after the surgery since i am 35.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could you upload imaging report please /

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Please do not worry.
Fibroids are of various types.
Some are situated on the external surface of the uterus, and hence cause no problem in future conception.
Some might disrupt the muscle layer of the uterus or the inner lining of the uterus, leading to fertility issues.
Could you upload the imaging reports that led to the diagnosis of the fibroid - that would help me to guide you in a better manner.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN