Does usage of tea tree oil help in treating lichen planus?
Suggestive of of allergic reaction.
Dear XXXX, Hi & Welcome.
Thanks for posting your query on Healthcare Magic.
After having gone through the history given in your query I am of the opinion that you have developed some sort of allergic reaction to Tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil is not a Food and Drug Administration approved treatment for Lichen planus involving the genitals (assuming to be to penis in your case) because of the safety concerns.
Had I been your treating physician I would have advised you to
1. Use 1% Hydrocortisone cream on the affected part 3 times daily for 1 week only and stop.
2. Apply Vaseline ointment after each application of the Hydrocortisone & after the first week, use it alone twice a day.
3. Avoid excessive irritation, wear loose cotton underwear.
4. Consult your treating dermatologist for an alternate but a safer medication to treat Lichen planus.
Hope the suggestions given above would be useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will circumscission help with penile lichen planus
- Does tanning help lichen planus
- Will triderm treat lichen planus?
- How is lichen planus pigmentosus treated
- Diagnosed with lichen planus and treated with predilone prednisolone suggest
- How is lichen planus and phimosis treated
- Will diprolene treat lichen planus?
- Castor oil for lichen planus scars
- Oil pulling to cure lichen planus pigmentosus
- Wil benfotiamine help lichens planus