Does usage of organic whey protein powder help in body building?

Posted on Mon, 8 Aug 2016 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Need to gain lean muscle mass by maintaining my current weight but taking whey protein makes me dull, weak, light head, gas, bloat, back cramps etc.. I am a Non-vegetarian and used to have fish and chicken in weekends. I workout 5 days a weak and lift weight. My friend suggested Organic Whey Protein or BCAA. Can you please suggest me on this and I dont have any sugar or BP problem.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take organic whey protein and BCAA

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. You can take organic whey protein and BCAA.
BCAA is good for building lean muscle mass. It deceases fatigue while exercising. For decreasing abdominal fat also BCAA is good. You can take this 4 to 8 grams before and after work out. If you want to gain more mass then you can take a dose before bed time and after wake up in morning.
Organic whey protein is made from grass fed cows milk. This you can take 1.2 to 1.5 grams per kg daily in 2 or 3 divided doses according to the strength of your muscle exercises.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Nishad BN