Does usage of Pennyroyal herbal supplement help in thining the endometrium lining?
At your age this thickening could be due to homonal influence
Thanks for contacting the Alternative Medicine Section with your health concern and after reviewing your history necessary guidelines are:
1. At your age (36) years possible cause of thickening is obesity,diabetes, polycystic ovaries and as you are suffering from PCOS thus it could be the contributory factor in the pathology .
PS: mostly 99% of endometrial thickening is non cancerous (benign) and D&C is only suggested if there is uncontrolled bleeding or medical management is insufficient.
2. XXXXXXX royal is usually used as an emetic to stimulate menstruation by stimulating uterine contraction and is mainly helpful in suppressed menses due to infection,stress, exhaustion
PS. Do let me know how will you use the herb: orally (tea) or as oil (massage) but use of it to decrease endometrial thickening is questionable.
Dr. Munish Sood
I thought about this because I am still bleeding vaginally and with the secretions, I have been seeing very small clots
Thanks for reverting back.
1. I usually ask or advice my patient(s) to go with Sabina 30C : 3 pellets three times a day
which is used in conditions where bleeding is associated with clots.
2. Probably at your age the condition can be deduced to Metrorrhagia so get a second opinion regarding the same and revert back for the management.
Should the sabina be taken before or after meals? Also, how long would I need to take them for?
Thank for reverting back
1. The drug should be taken half an hour before or after meals and route of administration is sub lingual [S/L]
2. Again, do let me know [from second opinion] whether condition is medical or surgical [anatomical] since if medical then start with 3 times a day, when symptoms improve then decrease to once a day and when disappear then stop the drug, however if surgical then has to be surgically resurrected.
I went to the doctor and he prescribed Provera to take 1 pill three times per day for 7 days.
Then I was asked to up the prescription to 2 tablets three times per day fro the next 10 days.
Is this too much? I am afraid because a few years ago I was diagnosed with cancer and my doctor told me that I should avoid taking hormones. Do you have any advice? The problem seems to be medical
further necessary details and management
Thanks for reverting back.
1. Provera ( medroxyprogesterone) in your case (not pregnant/ not attained menopause) is given to treat abnormal bleeding from the uterus and is also added with estrogen to reduce the risk of cancer of uterus.
PS. the medicine has been prescribed by your doctor since he/she must have judged benefits to be greater than the side effects, however if you notice unusual vaginal bleeding, painful urination, breast tenderness,yellowing of eyes inform your doctor immediately.
2. Since the drug interfere with the hormonal balance on which some cancer depend on grow thus can be used safely.
PS. If abnormal bleeding is due to fibroid/ or some special type of cancer then it is not effective.
3. Since the Condition medical I usually manage my female patient on following parameters:
. Treatment & Management is done on the line of "Rakta Pradra" (Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding) as:
i. Take: old brown rice, pomegranate, amla, milk, honey,ghee,pumpkin,spinach,sponge gourd,green gram/gruel,black grapes,pears
ii. Avoid: hot food,meat,egg,red chilli,spices, tea/hot milk
iii. Elevation of leg end
. Maintain hydration
. mix potash alum in cold water and put dipped cloth over stomach/umblicus
iv. Lauha bhasma 125 mg with pomegranate juice (thrice daily)
. 1 riped banana with 6 gm cow's ghee
. 1 riped banana with amla ras and jaggery twice the ras (juice)
v. Pushyanug churna 5 gm with 20 ml Ashokariahta or Darvyadi kwath (thrice daily)
. Lodhra Assav 20 ml
Patrang Assav 20 ml... thrice daily
. Chandraprabha vati: 1 HS with milk
. Tablet Styplon (himalaya): 2 tablet twice daily then 1 daily after symptoms reduce.
My online link for direct consultation: bit.ly/drmunishsood
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thickening endometrium lining in early pregnancy
- Ovulation and thin endometrium lining
- Progynova help thicken the endometrium
- Reasons for thin lining of endometrium
- Herbal medicine for thick endometrium
- Postmenopausal endometrium lining of 8mm
- Progynova help to develop the endometrium
- Foods that will increase endometrium lining
- Endometrium lining 18mm