Does usage of Betnovate cream help in getting fair skin?
Strong potency steroids never to be used on face.
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.
I can understand the concern for dark skin after pregnancy.
After reading your query it can make out that you want to use Betnovate for fairness and brightness of the skin.
Let me tell you that Betnovate is a steroid cream which contains Clobetasol in it. This is a strong potency steroid and is never to be used on face. If at all is used on other parts too then also not beyond 15 days. I very often see person of your age using this cream and damaging the skin. Once it is started on face it initially gives fair complexion. This is because of mild stoppage of the activity of color producing cells. SO it gives initial fair complexion. But on regular usage it produces skin atrophy and then dependence on it.
As a dermatologist I suggest you to not to use this cream at all. For fairness part I generally prescribe Kojic acid cream at night time only over the affected area. Apply it in such a thin layer that it should not be visible by naked eye. These creams are to be used under dermatological guidance only.
Additionally the best way is to eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits and green leafy vegetables. I also suggest you to do sun protection as it is an important cause of tanning and darkening of the face. Using a mild sunscreen daily helps in sun protection
Hope this information will help you.
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thrush cream betnovate as skin lightening
- Can betnovate cream help me in skin discolortion
- Betnovate skin cream can be used to make skin fair
- Can betnovate cream help piles
- Betnovate cream for skin tags
- Is betnovate cream good for black skin
- Betnovate n skin cream
- Can betnovate cream help with burns
- Betnovate gm skin cream makes us fair
- Which betnovate help to become fair
- Marks on penile shaft, looks like wart and is rough. What could it be?
- Have red raised skin with clear pus pores on arm. Using neosporin on it....
- Has dark patches on inside of upper lips. What could be the reason for...
- Have small pimples on foreskin. How to remove this?
- Have had a rash near anus it does not itch. Tried Hydrocortizone, no...
- Had a blood draw. Having a bruise or rash at that spot. Should I be...
- Have itchy pimple on penis. No relief after applying cream. Which...
- Have blood blister on mole. Had removed it. Possibility of melanoma?
- Has rash that looks like pimple. Treatment?
- Having scalp abscess. Scalp open up several layers with lesions and...