Does urimax 0.4 lowers the platelet count?

Dr. Om Lakhani

Endocrinologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Does urimax0.4 effect platlet count.does it lower platletts
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Urimax has not been reported to cause a significant decrease in platelet counts. Some people have what is known as Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura , a disease in which platelets reduce in the blood without any specific reason. These patients have a low platelets but fortunately the tendency to bleed is not increased much.

The reason for your low platelets needs further investigations. Please send me your blood reports so that I can review them and advice further management for your low platelets.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Dr. Om Lakhani
Consultant Diabetologist
WWW.WWWW.WW (online expert diabetes care consultation)