Does uretero renoscopy treatment help treat severe pain from kidney stones?
Please advise if the surgical intervention required at this time or should She need to manage conservatively with Alpha blockers to flush out the stone or Surgical intervention is really necessary at this stage in veiw of international guidelines.
You can wait and watch for a week.
Thanks for query.Based on the facts it appears that she has impacted stone at Rt. U,V Junction causing back pressure changes in Rt kidney and ureter proximal to obstruction .
The criteria to decide about the modality of treatment in such cases is
1) Degree of Hydronephrosis.
2) Severity and frequency of pain .
3) Signs of infection such as pain and vomiting ,
If pain is moderate and tolerable and if there are no signs of infection one can certainly wait and expect for stone (7mm) to pass spontaneously with following regime.
1) Take antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin twice daily.
2) Smooth muscle relaxants like Drotaverine twice daily
3) Anti Spasmodic like Spasmo- Proxyvon twice daily .
4 ) Tomsulosin once daily.
5) Ensure to drink more water
However if there is severe pain ,fever and vomiting one has to get the stone fragmented by doing endoscopic procedure called Uretero Renoscopy with fragmentation of stone to decompress the kidney and to prevent further impending damage to kidney.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Embedded kidney stones treatment
- Natural treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone self treatment
- Kidney stones causes and treatment
- Had surgery for kidney stones severe pain what to do
- Suggest treatment for kidney stones
- Treatment and cure for Kidney stones
- Laser treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stones severe pain bleeding under eyelids through nose treatment
- Kidney stone treatment in nutrilite