Does ureral stent placement cause pain?
mild discomfort can be expected
It is quite common for patients to have a mild discomfort in the side on which the stent has been placed. This can get slightly worse if there is unusual physical exertion. Quite a few patients also mention burning pain while voiding urine and associated with blood in urine as well. When voiding urine, there could be some unusual sensation on the side the stent has been placed. This is because the stent has perforations along its length to help drain the urine from the kidney down to the bladder. However when you pass urine or when there is a mild increase in bladder pressure due to a change in posture, the urine from the bladder could get transported back to the kidneys. This is called 'sterile reflux' if there is no fever and is usually not harmful. However if there is severe pain, you can use drugs like flomax which reduce the bladder pressure thereby reducing pain.
Hope I have been able to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left shoulder pain after angioplasty and stent placement muscular pain
- Pain after stent placement
- What causes kidney pain after placing stent
- Pain in rib cage after stent placement
- Pain after stent placement rca
- Kidney stent pain relief
- Pain after stone removal and stent placement
- Bra causing pain 6 stents reason
- Chest pain after stent placement
- Chest pain and heaviness in chest after stent placement
- Penis head is cold to touch. Why?
- Discomfort while urination, swollen penis after intercourse. Pain...
- Burning sensation at the tip of penis. Urine test done. Amorphous...
- Will vasectomy cause loss of attachment from the effect of semen?
- Red Jap's eye, inflamed, no pus, painful to touch, STD clear, no pain...
- Urine test done. Swelling in urethra. Abdominal pain, foul smelling or...
- Frequent urination. Prostate examination normal. Continue vesicare? Advise?
- Sharp pain in groin area near scrotum, left testicle detached from...
- Dry skin, loss of libido, erectile problems, tired, depressed. Are they...
- Exercising has reduced sexual activity. Is there any explanation to this?