Does ureral stent placement cause pain?
It is common to get pain after putting a stent.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone surgery of putting a Double J stent in your renal unit probably for stone in ureter.
and now getting pain on that side of abdomen.
Please note that it is common to get pain on affected side due to irritation and inflammatory reaction of ureter to foreign body like stent which subsides within a week or two .One has to take antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac twice daily for 10 days .
Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left shoulder pain after angioplasty and stent placement muscular pain
- Pain after stent placement
- What causes kidney pain after placing stent
- Pain in rib cage after stent placement
- Pain after stent placement rca
- Kidney stent pain relief
- Pain after stone removal and stent placement
- Bra causing pain 6 stents reason
- Chest pain after stent placement
- Chest pain and heaviness in chest after stent placement