Does treatment of UTI require hospitalization for a paraplegic patient?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I was @ hospital last night... being treated for a urinary tract infection that is refusing to go away, plus was not told by hospital staff that I am developing bad pneumonia, this was told to caretaker of assisted living place I am in. Should I have been kept at hospital since I am disabled, paraplegic since 1992?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better to get hospitalized .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

In view of multiple health issue that you have and developed UTI and Pneumonia .I would suggest y to get admitted in Hospital for proper treatment with appropriate antibiotics and other support and nursing care that you may require .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 54 minutes later
There is no one awake for me to turn to for help Dr. It is 2am here in AZ.. I looked into being hospitalized and talked to 2 different hospitals...
I wanted to try another hospital than the one last night, was told I had to talk to Banner Baywood medical center, which I spoke of earlier.... Charge nurse doesn't know what to do to help me....I do feel the heavyness in my chest ergo I can't sleep...on top of the stress of finding medical staff so incompetent. No one can validate my 911 call if I make one....I'm close to mental breakdown, tears falling from a soul taught not to shed tears when faced by the hardests challenges...

How can I follow your advice when ALL doors are closed to me, when I need help the most?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take Antibiotics at home

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
I am sorry I can not help you from XXXXXXX .

You have to continue taking antibiotic like Cephalexin twice daily .to combat UTI and Pneumonia .

Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.