Does traumatic stress cause parkinson's disease?
Less possible to be a cause.
Thanks for the query. I am sorry to read about the disaster your husband had to face following an accident. I understand your concern too.
It is natural for you to think about the accident as a culprit for the parkinson,s your husband is facing at present.But we will learn from following information that it may not be so.
* Parkinsons disease is degenerative process of nerve cells of brain ( neurons ) which lead to loss of few neurons & leads to abnormal brain functions.
* The exact cause of parkinson's disease is unknown . still certain factors definitely appear to play a definite role in it's occurrence.They are as follows.
-Genetic predisposition/ age( seen in advanced age>60 years with all the possibilities like high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke enhancing age wise degenerative processes./men are more prone to get it than women/ Exposure to toxins from pesticides or herbicides
-Though a rare possibility, As your husband had multiple spinal injuries following the accident.. some the possibility is that, he received a mild jerk / stress to brain tissue ..which was not strong enough to show immediate results. .. but they took one full year to occur...
YOU should take him to a nurophysician for e3xpert advise so as to help him out of the problem.
I hope you found the answer to be both informative &useful . Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can chemotherapy cause parkinsons disease
- Does parkinson's disease cause death
- Parkinson disease causes
- Causes of parkinson's disease dopamine
- Parkinsons Disease Parkinson causes
- Can amlodipine besylate cause parkinsons disease
- What causes parkinson's disease
- Parkinson’s disease causes
- Does parkinson disease cause numbness
- Can beta blockers cause parkinsons disease
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?