Does tinea versicolor have any effect on hair colour?
My question is, tinea versicolore can tourne haïr white or grey ?
Severe and untreated stage
I have not come across greying of hair just due to tinea versicolor during my practice. May be an untreated and severe, long standing fungal infection can damage the melanosomes in immunocompromised patients ( HIV, Immune disorders, uncontrolled diabetes etc)
Do you have a confirmed infection of the same? If yes you should get oral treatment for the same.
Let me know if you have bothering questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is tinea versicolor a sign of aids
- Tinea versicolor testis
- Tinea versicolor on thighs and bottom
- Tinea versicolor scrotum
- Yellow tongue and tinea versicolor
- Tinea versicolor as hiv symptom
- Tinea versicolor and low testosterone
- Tinea versicolor breast cancer
- Tinea versicolor on private area
- Epidural anesthesia in tinea versicolor