Does the use of two names for an individual cause split personality?
split personality is unknown to self
How can you say that you are developing a split personality? If only by the reason of having two names...then it is unusual.
In many societies people commonly have two names...and they are ok with it..all their life.
Is it that you behave very differenlty in the setting of two different names..or there a stark differnce between your behaviour and personality?
Also, when someone has a split personality , the person is unaware of it himself...only other people come to feel it.
The split personality has an unconscious origin and so, the conscious mind is unaware of it.
Please try to tell what do you feel and why do you feel so? May be something else is bothering you.
Hope the reply helps you.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
I meet people there I introduce myself as XXXXXXX and meanwhile several people in their are spreading word that I do not know who I am or that I am trying to be someone else.
It's true when I was younger most my so called friends either called me XXXXXXX XXXXXXX or worse XXXXXXX Wop because I am Italian.
I always sign my name XXXXXXX and that is how it is on my birth certificate.
My mother and family when I choose to talk to them all call me XXXXXXX even though they know I am trying to get everybody to call me by my real name XXXXXXX or Gio for short.
When I was younger I took up karate lessons and they all called me XXXXXXX but I started getting certificates with some with XXXXXXX on them then others with XXXXXXX in he end I got upset and left the school to start my own little school and when they found out they said I was trying to be someone else.
I am a contractor I have a card with my real name and that is how I need to be paid for banking.
Recently I was at that restaurant I spoke of, I had already met the bar tender on a previous occasion but she forgot my name. I was sitting there with two people on either side of me, one calls me Gio, the other I grew up with calls me XXXXXXX when the bar tender asked me my name to put on the food order I sat silent and she never did get a answer.
Shortly after my karate school experience I started working for a pizza/billards pool place they insisted I be called by my real name, I had respect for that and so I got known as Gio or XXXXXXX a whole new set of friends and everybody called me by my real name Gio or XXXXXXX after a few years a lot of them came to know that I used to be called XXXXXXX or XXXXXXX
I usually explain well its the same name really because the book of XXXXXXX is the book of XXXXXXX in a Italian Bible.
I find myself never inviting a friend to that bar/restaurant that knows me as XXXXXXX because heaven forbid they find out half of them call me XXXXXXX
I think the real problem I have with XXXXXXX is that it quickly gets changed to XXXXXXX Wop which is derogatory remark for Italian without papers.
correct them.with calm and patience.
So the problem is not the split personality but two names creating confusion all around.
You want everyone to call you Gio or XXXXXXX but many of your old aquintances and family prefer to refer you as Jhonny...and this makes you uncomfortable.
Although it is quite late to start this correction as many people already are in a habbit of calling you by one or the other names.
You can do few things to help yourself out of this situation:-
1. Most important is dont get angry or visibily upset when they call you jhonny..tell them calmly that you prefer to be called by your real name- XXXXXXX and not by your pet name anymore...
and correct them everytime with a smile...not showing the irritation at all (even though I can understand this is very frustrating..but you will be able to do it).
This will make people understand that your real name if XXXXXXX and pet name is jhonny...and so obviously anyone whould like to be called by his or her real name.
Doing this repeatedly, with patience will help others to mend their ways..
This will also not increase the rumors that you dont know who you are...as you will indirectly accept that both are your names.
2. Take your friend or soemone close to you who knows this problem and calls you XXXXXXX whenever you go to a difficult place...and their he can talk to you with your real name...this will help others to accept that you are not Jhonny anymore...and this is a serious business for you.
3. you can start to not responding to your family members if they refer you Jhonny...Tell them - "call me XXXXXXX if you want me to listen to you". When you will insist on it and be calm at the same time, they will respect it.
4. I know XXXXXXX that this change will take time but doing it persistently and not getting upset is the only way out here..
Notorious people tend to tease others when they see that something particular is irritating to to someone..Dont give them a chance to feel that you get hurt or something...
And whenever someone calls you Jhonny Wop- you can smile and tell him that they should be intellegent enough to know whats your real name...
you can also simply smile and show him that it doesnt bother you anymore....they wont repeat it as the fun part will be gone!!
I hope the reply is useful for you.
Please feel free to discuss if there are more issues.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
a very good luck
A very good luck to you...
be persistent with your efforts and have patience...remember that other .people also need time to change themselves..
and start with family first.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is split personality hereditary
- Split personality and menapause
- Split personality disorder with dizziness
- Split brain personality
- My mole split in two
- Mole splits in two is this bad
- Does adhd cause split personalities
- Mole on face that split in two
- Dyspraxia and split personality
- Hypercholesterolemia, overweight individuals causes
- What are side effects of taking alcohol with Fetzima, Xanax and Vivance?
- Is it safe to switch from Effexor to Lexapro?
- Suggest treatment for tiredness and depression
- Does medication for chest infection cause increased depression?
- What causes insomnia?
- What causes heaviness in chest when suffering from anxiety?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes fatigue and anxiety?
- Suggest treatment for depression and extreme anxiety
- What causes electric shock like feeling in heart?